Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm Back


I'm Back...I have been on hiatus for awhile and a lot has happened. For one I am now "Retired MSgt Marcel Pieters" and I have to tell you it feels a bit weird. I have nothing but time on my hands and I am not sure what I need to do with myself. I served 20 years 7 months and 2 days in the United States Air Force and it has been an experience. As I look back upon my life in the military I would have to say that it has been fun. I travelled the world and got to do some incredible things along the way and I am really proud to have served with the men and women of not only the Air Force but other branches of the military as well...I think I am going to miss it.
These days I am staying home and looking for another job. I have been retired for a week now and I am already driving my wife crazy. Everyday she asks me "why don't you get a job?" and for both our sakes I need to get one soon. I am looking to return to my old job of Senior Management Analyst but not as a military member but a civilian. No longer will I be MSgt Pieters but Mr. Pieters. I talked to my old boss and he is definitely trying to get me hired back on but it may take a while. Federal Jobs take a while to fill so I guess I will just have to keep looking and see who offers me a job first. I may take a tennis coaching job at the local high school while I am waiting for a real job but I will have to wait and see.
That's it for today and I am sure I will have plenty of time to blog more often than once a quarter. Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment