Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back Again

Well I'm back......its been about 6 months since I blogged last which makes me officially a blog slacker

The Last 6 Months

Since my last entry I have found a job doing the same job I did as a military member. I was working out at Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs. I commuted everyday from Denver to the "Springs" which is about an hour and a half drive and have done that since November. I then was offered a job (just recently) in Denver where I used to work and am currently work there now. Thank God I was able to get the job which makes my commute in the am to about 20 minutes. Of course there is still talk of this office moving to Colorado Springs but at least I can save on gas money for awhile. Lauren and I are praying to see if and when God will have us move. So far we have not come into agreement on this question but we will see.

I often wonder why God puts us in certain places to work and live. It is often only for a short
amount of time. We meet people, make friends and then another door opens and away we go to another location. Why is that? It could be not only for the work but also to build relationships and witness to those around us or is it to be encouraged and grow with our relationships with Him. I have experienced all of these things while being associated with the military both in and out and I still believe the Lord puts us in these situations to grow, heal and gather wisdom but in all of this He wants us not only to have a closer relationship with Him but also to each other. Of course this is an area we have yet to master and recognize all the opportunities when they arise but I pray we learn to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit when they do come.
I returned from a trip to Hawaii and Guam. I had to go there for business and brought Lauren with me to Hawaii. We were extremely blessed to be able to make this trip and the Air Force paid for most of it. Although I had to work for two weeks the weekends and evenings more than made up for that....besides I would rather work in Hawaii than Colorado Springs. Lauren and I did the Luau thing and spent a lot of time just with each other and seeing the sights.

Caught Up

Lauren and I went out to my friends house in Colorado Springs and spent two days with them. It was nice to laugh and just spend time with friends. We stayed up late and just talked...Goose is an interesting character (salesman by trade) and is always the life of the party. We also went to go play tennis at 0700 in the morning....well Goose and I played while the wives watched. It was the first time Lauren has seen me play in about 15 years which is a long time. She said I looked pretty good and my style was very smooth and effortless which made me feel good knowing I don't look like a fool on the court. It's good to know at 45 years of age (my God am I that old) I still look good (although I think Lauren's vision has been failing of late)
-->
And now everyone you are some what up to date....hopefully I can turn the corner and blog at least once a week.....Here's Hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment