Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blog Slacker


Well the wife says I am a Blog Slacker...which I probably am but what can I say...I have to be "in the mood" to Blog. I am going to try and blog at least once a week to get in the habit regardless of if I am in the mood or not so, bear with me.

Early on in the week the weather was finally warm enough to pull out the bike from hibernation and hit the trails. I biked 20 miles on Sunday and 20 miles on Monday. It sure was nice getting some exercise and fresh air but I can tell I haven't biked in a couple of months (sore butt). I need to start training now because I plan on doing a 100 mile bike ride in June and if my butt is sore now after only 20 miles I cant imagine how it is going to feel after 100. The picture above was taken last year when I biked the Colorado Trail. I had a great time and camped overnight. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can explore the trails again. The woman loves cold weather but for me bring on the warmth!

The Australian Open has been on TV all week (which I could watch all day long). I record most of it so I can fast forward through the matches I really don't want to watch. I am trying to limit my TV watching time so I don't turn into a couch potato. I also need to start training for the 2009 Tennis Season which I plan on coming out strong this year after my dismal injury-laden 2008 season. I have something to prove to myself and my competitors that this "Old Man" still has a few good tennis matches left in him.

I hate being sick and for the past few days me and Mr. Toilet have become close friends. I am pretty sure it was something I ate and it seems over the years that my digestive system has been very sensitive to food. I think It has something to do with all the medications I have taken for the past ten years for my heart. I guess it helped with the heart but messed up the rest of me. It's funny how man in their infinite wisdom to cure an ailment will create another. It seems the doctors believe they have extended my life by trying all of these procedures to cure me but I believe that it probably has shortened it. But, in the end, God only knows and that is something I am sure I will ask him when I get to heaven.

I'm off to California tomorrow for work. We are conducting a new study for the Space Industry to determine if they really need all the people they have. It's funny but every Manpower study I go on everyone says they are working so hard and they need more people but if you really look deep into the organization most of the people down at the lower levels honestly say that either they have enough people or there are too many for the amount of work that they do. Space is unlike Fighter Aircraft (which I have worked for in the past) who actually work at least six days a week twelve hour days (they have lots of work and not enough people). I think people in the Space Industry should switch jobs with those in the Fighter world for a year and then they will realize how lucky they are that they are not working in that realm. Of course this will never happen and politics will rule over actual fact and the customer will get the people they want as opposed to the people they need...Se La Vie!

Well, that was my week in a nutshell and to quote the wife "Later my Peeps!" -->

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, he's back! yes, you are a slacker, and just when I got back into reading LP's daily blog, she doesn't blog every day either!!!! ...Love ya, Auntie T

    ReplyDelete